What is Neurofeeback?
Neurofeedback, otherwise also known as EEG (Electroencephalogram) Biofeedback, is a technology based learning technique that uses a computer to give information to a person about his or her own brainwave pattern in the form of EEG activity, in order to train the person to modify his or her own brainwaves.
When the brain is not functioning properly, evidence of this usually shows up in EEG activity. EEG Biofeedback assists a person to alter his or her own brainwave characteristics by challenging the brain to learn to reorganize and function better.
Ways Neurofeedback Can Help
Children & Teens
Therapeutic Applications for Children and Teenagers. The following disorders have published clinical evidence or clinical reports on the effectiveness of Neurofeedback:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)/ADD
- Learning Difficulties
- Sleeping Problems
The following disorders have clinical evidence on the effectiveness of EEG Biofeedback.
Dr. Diane’s® Neuroband™
This is the only headband of its type on the market. Unlike other types of headbands that do not allow for the precise placement of the electrodes, Dr. Diane’s Neuroband is precise.
Dr. Diane has developed the Neuroband, a neurofeedback headband that can be used to achieve optimum Neurofeedback, Discovery 24-Channel, Z-Score training, Othmer, LENS and various Assessments: QEEG, Mini-Q and Q Assessment.
Key features of Dr Diane's Neuroband include:
It allows for ease, comfort and customizing for individuals. No need to prep the scalp or use conductive paste. Just soak the chamois and put it on the location you want. It takes one minute to put on and seconds to remove without any cleanup.
- Ease of use: no parting the hair, no neuro-prep needed, no need for alcohol clean up
- Comfortable to those with skin or head sensitivities
- Applied with a saline solution rather than Neuro-paste
For more information or to purchase our unique Neuroband, click here.
Learn More: Watch Our Videos
What is Neurofeedback?
Neurofeedback & Austism
Neurofeedback & ADD/ADHD
Neurofeedback & PTSD
Neurofeedback & Peak Performance
Neurofeedback & Pain
We have used Dr. Stoler's Neuroband with great success for 6+ years. It is SOOO much faster than electrode paste and quickly gives a very low impedance connection. We use it with both gold electrodes for z-score and sintered silver electrodes for ISF training. To part the hair better under the pad once attached to the patient, we slide either a chopstick or a q-tip moistened with ElectroMist; this ensures an even better connection. The teenage guys especially prefer the Neuroband because they fear crossing the path of Miss America when they leave here with paste residue on their scalp. A scientist at the CDC in Atlanta asserted that the salinity level is so high in the electrolyte solution that no virus or bacteria would thrive. When we explain that, most patients don't wince one bit to use the Neuroband directly after the previous person. When the rare person wants their own Neuroband and pads, they buy it and we keep it segregated in a plastic bag. We saved in time the cost of the Neuroband the very first day we used it.
-Paul & Larry, Discovery Learning Associates, Cambridge MA
No paste to put on and therefore, no paste to clean up is a major advantage to using Dr. Diane’s Neuroband. My son has a traumatic brain injury and we do daily neurofeedback sessions at home, as well as having done remote sessions with Dr. Diane in the past. With similar clarity of frequency, and no clean-up required I think home and remote trainers will be very pleased with using Dr. Diane’s Neuroband.
My son has a traumatic brain injury. We are doing the neurofeedback training with Dr. Diane® at home and it is very easy with Dr. Diane’s Neuroband™. It makes the process effortless and comfortable, without the messy paste and cleanup after. And the clarity of frequency is comparable. I would highly recommend any home user doing remote training to try it. It’s a great product!
-Monte Bransfield, MA
Diane, All that I can say is WOW! What a great product! I received the Neuroband yesterday and tried it on myself to see how it worked. I was thoroughly impressed with it for two reasons:
- When I do my own neurofeedback, I noticed that the sensors tend to loosen their grip from start to finish due to my hair being so thick despite using copious amounts of the Ten20 paste. After processing, I typically need to push the sensors back into my scalp just to ensure good reading between the pre and post baseline recordings. This makes me wonder how effective any system would be when running into that type of an issue. With the Neuroband, I created the saline solution, soaked the pockets, hooked myself up and I was off to the races with no concern about losing sensor connection quality. What a dream come true!
- There was no post-processing clean-up which was a big concern as I’d like to work with multiple clients and was concerned about the sanitary issue and sending people out with “There’s Something About Mary” hair.
I used the neuroband on my first client this morning and I noticed that his processing was much smoother also and there was no degradation between the connection status from pre to post baseline testing. I do not know how you came up with this idea but am most grateful that you did!