Start your morning with a Berry-Quinoa Parfait. This recipe makes enough quinoa for four servings, giving you a few parfaits for yourself and the kids, or some extras for the week!
- 1 cup quinoa well rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups greek yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries
- 1/4 cup pecans toasted and coarsely chopped
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan, reduce the heat and simmer covered until the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Chill the quinoa in the fridge.
- Assemble the parfait by layering the quinoa, yogurt, berries and pecans.