- 1 can black beans soaked in water and 1 tsp baking soda for one hour, then rinsed
- 3 eggs organic
- 1/3 cup melted butter coconut oil or ghee can be substituted for those who are dairy intolerant
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raw honey plus 1 tbsp
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 1/4 cup unsweeteend shredded coconut optional
- 1/4 cup hemp seed optional
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender, combine the black beans, eggs, melted butter, cocoa powder, vanilla and honey. Pulse or blend until smooth. Then add baking powder and mix by hand.
- Grease an 8x8 inch glass baking dish with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the greased dish.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts and/or shredded coconut on the top and lightly press in (if you press in too much they will sink into the brownies as they bake). For extra protein, sprinkle hempseed on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick goes in and out clean. Watch the edges and take out before too much browning. Still chewy but not gooey. Cool and then store in fridge because of the cooked beans and eggs.