Breakfast Smoothie: Chocolate Almond Butter Banana with Chia Seeds
We’ve mentioned in some of our past recipes how great chia seeds are for the brain; I know that I drink mine every morning. How do you like to eat your chia seeds? Leave a comment below!
- 1 frozen banana chop into pieces before freezing
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter or can sub other nut butter
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Combine all ingredients except chia seeds in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, then add the chia seeds. Mix them in with a straw or spoon, and enjoy!