Breakfast Smoothie: Chocolate Almond Butter Banana with Chia Seeds
Try a fun, new way of eating breakfast – with a smoothie! Our delicious breakfast smoothie recipe contains all natural, whole ingredients to keep you at optimal health. With cocoa powder, almond butter, bananas, and chia seeds, you’ll not only think that your breakfast tastes like dessert, but you’ll also be doing your body and brain a favor! The Omega-3’s and fiber from the chia seeds will keep you full all morning, and with potassium from the bananas, calcium from the almond butter, and iron and zinc from the cocoa powder, you can’t go wrong with our brain-boosting breakfast smoothie.
We’ve mentioned in some of our past recipes how great chia seeds are for the brain; I know that I drink mine every morning. How do you like to eat your chia seeds? Leave a comment below!
- 1 frozen banana chop into pieces before freezing
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter or can sub other nut butter
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- Combine all ingredients except chia seeds in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, then add the chia seeds. Mix them in with a straw or spoon, and enjoy!
Serving: 8oz | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 46.8g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 1.7g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 146mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 11.3g | Sugar: 21.2g | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 5mg
Looking for more brain friendly recipes? Check out our brain health recipes, or schedule a consultation with Dr. Diane® for personal help customizing your diet for your symptoms!