Chia Cranberry Walnut Bread
Having a difficult time resisting all the sugary cookies, cakes, and pies that are sure to put your brain in shambles? Then this week’s recipe will be your holiday savior! Enjoy this dessert featuring chia seeds without fear of having to pay the consequences later.
Chia seeds come with a whole slew of health benefits. They are loaded with omega-3s which normalize blood pressure and cholesterol levels, promoting a healthy heart and blood vessels. These seeds are also rich in calcium and protein, strengthening muscles and bones much more effectively than milk or soy. Chia seeds are fantastic for digestion and natural detoxification, as well as healthy weight loss!
With that being said, here is our gift to you! Avoid the desserts that will make your head spin and your body ache, and give this Chia Cranberry Walnut Bread a try for a total health boost! These seeds are neutral in flavor, and color making them a perfect addition to any recipe!
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Combine chia seeds with water in a medium bowl. Refrigerate overnight (mixture will become gelatinous).
- In a large bowl, mix together chia/water mixture from previous step with coconut milk, eggs, lemon zest, agave nectar, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder, whisking vigourously to create smooth batter.
- Stir batter with a wooden spoon until stiff, then knead by hand until smooth.
- Then, stir the walnuts and cranberries in the dough
- Transfer the dough into a well-greased 9” loaf pan. Makes 1 loaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack