Chia Seed Pudding
Sick of starting your day with boring, empty carbs? Well hold the cream cheese, and put down that bagel. This delicious Chia Seed pudding will power you with brain-boosting energy for the day!
What can Chia Seeds do for Your Health?
Chia, a versatile seed with a mild taste, is bursting with health benefits. Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids and proteins that help improve brain function and keep your brain working at it’s optimal level. Chia seeds also contain antioxidants, helping lower your risk of stroke and certain cancers. These seeds are rich in calcium and protein, strengthening muscles and bones much more effectively than milk and soy (which anyone who has had a brain injury should 100% avoid!). Chia seeds are also fantastic for digestion and natural detoxification, plus they curb your appetite, making them great for healthy weight loss!
As a seasoned veteran in Chia, I drink my chia seeds every day. This breakfast (also sweet enough for a dessert recipe!) is the more delicious route to easing Chia into your family’s diet. Enjoy!
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup plain low-fat (2%) greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp all-natural maple syrup (preferably grade B), plus 4 teaspoons for serving
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 pint strawberries and/or blueberries hulled and chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, the vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until just blended. Whisk in the chia seeds; let stand 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with the remaining 4 teaspoons maple syrup. Mix in the almonds.
- Spoon the pudding into 4 bowls or glasses; mound the berry mixture on top and serve.