Curried Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
This is a a high protein meal that provides your brain (and the rest of your body) with the nutrients it needs to improve your overall health. The lentils in pastas like “POW” and “Tolerant” contain the vitamin B folate which is known to boost brain function, while spinach and other dark leafy greens are rich in muscle-relaxing magnesium. Then, lean proteins like chicken prompt the brain to produce norepinephrine and dopamine, neurochemicals that promote brain alertness. Not only that, but the melding of the curry, sautéed vegetables, and chicken provides your tastebuds with a delectably unique flavor that will make you go back for seconds. Give it a try!
- 1 lb boneless chicken
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 box high protein pasta, such as “POW”
- 2 packages mushrooms preferably shitake or portabella
- 2 Tbsp curry seasoning
- 1 package baby spinach or baby kale
- Pan fry chicken in 2 tbsp of the olive oil until fully cooked. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in remaining olive oil and one eighth of a cup of water or organic chicken broth until soft, about 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Bring a quart pan of water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Place pasta in refrigerator to cool.
- When chicken has cooled, shred or break it into pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan or wok and add curry, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook until warm and spinach is wilted.
- Serve and enjoy!