Figs, Prosciutto and Pear Salad
Fresh figs are loaded with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants that help lower your risk of stroke. However, if you suffer from headaches or migraines proceed with caution: although this recipe is great for your body and brain health, balsamic vinegar and cured meats like prosciutto are common headache-triggering foods.
- 3 oz mixed lettuce leaves washed and spun
- 1 pear peeled and cut into 8 pieces
- 6 fresh figs cut into 6-8 pieces each
- 6 slices fresh prosciutto
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2-1 tsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lay salad leaves in a large shallow bowl or plate.
- Arrange pear slices on top, and then figs.
- Tear each piece of prosciutto into halves or thirds and then roll each piece into a mini log.
- Lay prosciutto on top and then make dressing by whisking 3 tablespoons olive oil with 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and a squeeze of honey.
- Spoon dressing on top and give the salad a good grinding of black pepper to finish.