Looking for an incredibly easy, healthy, warm-you-to-your-core soup for cooler autumn evenings? Look no further than this recipe for Garlicky Soup. Not only is it great to your taste buds, it could also help to ward off symptoms of a cold or flu. How? On top of being delicious, garlic also acts as a preventative, and aids in fighting infections. Get through this year’s cold and flu season with the help of this incredibly easy to make, flavorful, garlicky soup recipe.
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 head garlic peeled, separated, and chopped
- 1 box chicken broth low sodium
- 1 bunch parsley medium size
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until softened (about 1-2 minutes.)
- Add chicken broth and parsley and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Credit- The Doctors Book of Food Remedies, by Selene Yeager and the editors of Prevention