Memory-Improving Kale Chips
As mentioned before, kale is one of the most nutritious foods out there for both your body and brain. Kale is high in iron, vitamin K, and full of antioxidants, carotenoids, and flavonoids. The carotenoids and flavonoids help to protect and nurture the brain by improving memory, influencing leaning, and helping with various other cognitive functions. Kale also is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, acting as an anti-inflammatory for both the brain and body. This detoxifying food is also high in fiber, guaranteeing that you will stay fuller longer.
Coconut oil also makes an appearance in this recipe. Coconut oil contains unique fatty acids that have been shown to have effects on several brain disorders. Because the fatty acids in coconut oil are turned into brain-healthy ketones once digested, coconut oil has also been shown to help with Alzheimer’s disease, seizures, cholesterol levels, and heart disease.
This week, give these festive kale chips a try!
- 1 bunch kale washed, dried, stems removed
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup warm water to help melt the oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne
- Preheat oven to 400 degress
- Blend all coating ingredients (not the kale) in a blender
- In a large bowl, toss the coating mixture and the kale leaves
- Arrange the kale leaves on a baking sheet. Make sure that none of the leaves overlap
- Broil in the oven for 5 minutes, then flip leaves and broil for another 2 minutes
- Serve immediately
Photo taken from kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2014/10/bold-n-spicy-garlic-kale-chips.html
These memory-improving Kale Chips are not the only way to improve your memory. Dr. Diane®, a neuropsychologist, recommends not only nutrition education for memory improvement, but also a wide range of therapies. These include cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, psychopharmacology, and neurofeedback, which Dr. Diane® herself specializes in. Improve your memory with Dr. Diane® today!