Asparagus is one seriously overlooked vegetable that is easy to prepare and tastes delicious with little outside effort. This vegetable contains a good amount of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as fiber and folate. Asparagus is also loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients, reducing the risk of chronic health problems and certain types of cancer. Plus, as a leafy green, asparagus is known to help fight against, and prevent cognitive decline.
Asparagus adds the perfect touch to countless meals. This week, try this quick and easy recipe for oven-roasted asparagus!
- 1 bunch asparagus rough ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbs lemon juice optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle salt and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness (until fork easily punctures thickest part of stem). Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.