Spinach, Berry, and Avocado Salad
This week, give your brain a boost with this spinach, berry, and avocado salad!
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen and thawed, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups strawberries rinsed, hulled, and sliced
- 2 ripe Hass avocados pitted, peeled, and diced
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor, process until smooth.
- Place onion slices in medium bowl and cover with ice water. Let soak 10 to 20 minutes; drain and dry.
- Toast almonds in small, unoiled skillet over low heat, stirring constantly, until light golden and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. (Alternatively, toast in 300 degree oven for 7 to 10 minutes.) Set aside and let cool.
- Just before serving, combine spinach, strawberries, avocados, and onion in large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over top and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle salad with toasted almonds.