Tropical Lime Parfait
You might be surprised to learn that this could be because your brain and body may not be getting the nutrients that it needs and craves! Getting the right nutrients, especially first thing in the morning, is a surefire way to set yourself up for an energetic and healthful day.
This recipe is even great for weekday breakfasts or snacks because it is so quick and easy to throw together, especially if you cut up your mango the night before.
Try our quick and refreshing tropical lime parfait, and see how great your day can be.
Some Quick Nutrition Facts About this Parfait…
Limes, in addition to being a wonderful source of antioxidant and immune-boosting vitamin C,
- contain lots of healthy flavanoids
- aid in digestion
- ease constipation
- contain soluble fiber, which can reduce the risk for heart attack, heart disease, and stroke
- Are also a great source of vitamin C
- Contain lots of antioxidant and vision-aiding vitamin A
- Aid in hormone productions and heart disease prevention with lots of B vitamins
- Contain copper, which is necessary for many vital enzymes as well as the production of red blood cells
- Contain potassium, which helps to neutralize our high sodium intake
What do you like to put in your parfait? Do you have any nutritious add-ins to suggest? Comment below!
- 1 cup mashed avocado
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1.5 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 4 drops stevia
- 1.5 tbsp melted coconut butter or creme
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 3 tbsp melted coconut butter or creme
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped mango room temperature
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Blend the avocado, lime juice, lime zest, and maple syrup in a blender until smooth. Add the stevia and coconut creme and continue blending. Pour into a separate bowl.
- Blend the chopped mango and coconut creme until smooth.
Assembling the Parfait
- Layer the lime creme, fresh fruit, and mango creme in any way you like. Enjoy!