Tuna with Avocado-Parsley-Lemon Salsa
Whether your hosting a dinner party or just looking to switch up the weekly menu, try this fancy, yet incredibly easy recipe featuring tuna steaks with a bold avocado-parsley, lemon sauce! Both your guests, and your brain will be impressed. Bon Appetit!
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 clove garlic optional
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 lb tuna steak 3/4 inches thick
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Make the salsa: Blend 1 Tbs of water with the lemon juice, capers, garlic, parsley, oil, and salt in a small food processor or blender until a sauce forms. In a bowl, toss the sauce with the avocado.
- Season the tuna with the pepper and grill on a clean, oiled grate over medium-high heat until marked, about 2 minutes. Lift and pivot the tuna 90 degrees and grill for another 2 minutes on the same side. Turn the fish over and cook to desired temperature, another 3-5 minutes for medium. Serve with the salsa.