Quinoa, Chickpea, and Tomato Salad
Brain food packed with vitamins and leaves you energized.
- 1 cup quinoa washed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 Tbsp green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Place quinoa and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed. Allow to cool, and then fluff with a fork.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes, green onions, basil, oregano, and parsley to quinoa and stir gently to combine.
Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Pour over quinoa mixture and stir gently. May be served chilled or at room temperature.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 3.7g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 134mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Iron: 1mg