Almond Flour Banana Bread
As many of you may know, Dr. Diane® has created a special “brain-healthy” diet that can help alleviate the symptoms associated with Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS) resulting from traumatic brain injury. Our brain-healthy diet can also help people who have not suffered a traumatic brain injury, but who are looking to improve their memory, increase energy, and eliminate brain fog and headaches.
One very important part of a brain healthy diet is to cut out wheat, which is used to make most breads. Therefore, a delicious alternative to wheat is almond flour! I also highly recommend cutting out sugar, which can cause a whole host of symptoms. This recipe uses raw honey instead of sugar, making the bread both sweet and healthy! Our integrative team member, Martha Lindsay, gave us this recipe, and we love it!
Try our delicious and nutritious almond flour banana bread today… it tastes even better than regular banana bread!
- 2.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1/4-1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large bread pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, eggs, honey, yogurt, and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Mix together and fold in the walnuts.
- Pout batter into the greased pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until center is firm.
- Let cool and serve!