Brain-Friendly Banana Pancakes!
The recipe below, provided by Carolyn, contains brain-friendly ingredients, including almond flour. Almond flour contains a good source of vitamin E, fiber, protein, magnesium, and phosphorous, and it’s also gluten-free! Additionally, rather than using butter, these banana pancakes are cooked in coconut oil. This oil is considered to be one of the best contributors to healthy brain function.
This week, start your day with a few fluffy banana pancakes!
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- blueberries for topping (optional)
- Puree all of the ingredients except for the blueberries in the blender.3 eggs, 1 banana, 2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut, 3 tbsp almond flour, 1/3 cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 2 tsp coconut oil
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Ladle about 1/4 cup of batter into pan at a time. Flip when bottom gets slightly brown.
- Top with some defrosted frozen wild blueberries - gives you some liquid to soak/mop pancakes.blueberries