Romaine Lettuce Boats with Guacamole Filling
Try this simple and delicious romaine lettuce boats recipe with guacamole filling that both your brain and your body will be thanking you for!
Avocados contain several vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that make this fruit one of the best food items for both brain and body health. As a healthy, monounsaturated fat, avocados helps increase blood flow to the brain, resulting in more oxygen and nutrients to various parts of your brain that help with memory and cognitive functioning. Avocados also help lower blood pressure, which can be a risk factor for cognitive decline.
We recommend you use Hass avocados for your guacamole. Hass have a black or dark green pebbly skin, and contain more of the brain healthy monounsaturated fat than their larger Florida counterparts.
- 1/2 Avocado Preferably Hass
- 1 tbsp Red Onion Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Cilantro Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- a pinch Sea Salt
- 6 Romaine Lettuce Leaves Washed and patted dry
- To make the guacamole, place the avocado, onion, cilantro, lemon juice and salt in a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth.
- To serve, scoop an equal amount of the guacamole into each lettuce leaf.