Hemp Seed Hummus with Red Palm Oil
What is Hemp Seed?
Here’s an ingredient you probably haven’t thought to use- hemp seed! These nutty tasting seeds come with surprising health benefits. For us brain-conscious eaters, they contain a great amount of Omega-3 fatty acids and Omega-6 fatty acids crucial for brain power. Hemp seeds are also great for digestion, hair and skin growth, and normal maintenance of our bodies’ cells. One way to integrate this super food ingredient is to add it to hummus, along with red palm oil.
What’s Red Palm Oil?
Red palm oil is a cooking oil with a nice buttery flavor. This oil, also great for brain health, is packed with vitamins A and E, and has both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. Try both hemp seed and red palm oil in the recipe below!
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh organic garlic chopped
- 1 organic lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup fresh organic parsley chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika to garnish, optional
- 2 tsp tahini optional
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processer and blend until creamy. May add additional olive oil, lemon juice or a bit of water to bring hummus to a smooth consistency. Garnish with parsley and/or paprika and serve.