Strawberry Summer Salad!
This salad is the most perfect combination of sweet, fresh, savory, and tasty with rich goat cheese, sweet strawberries and lemon, refreshing cucumber, and zesty fresh herbs.
It’s no secret that strawberries are a nutritional powerhouse. They are not only an excellent source of antioxidant-promoting vitamin C and manganese, but they are also a wonderful way to up your fiber, which will help you to stay fuller longer. They are also great sources of copper, potassium, biotin, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Spinach is a leafy green that packs a big punch! Each leaf is chock-full of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals, such as vitamins A, B2, C and K, as well as magnesium, manganese, folate, iron, calcium and potassium.
Avocado’s are rich in super heart-healthy fats that your body needs!
Cucumbers don’t get the credit that they deserve, especially in the hot summer months. Cucumbers are made up of 95% water, to help you stay hydrated and focused!
Detox and replenish with this delicious summer salad, and your body and brain will thank you!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 english cucumber
- 3 green onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3 cups raw, fresh spinach
- Chop up the onions, strawberries, avocado and herbs and add them to a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, salt, cheese, and stir everything to mix well. Taste for seasonings.
- Lay the mixture on top of the raw spinach. Serve chilled or at room temperature