Sweet Potato Salsa
Fight off stroke and cognitive decline starting with this brain-healthy recipe from Honest Cooking. It works great as a side dish or an appetizer!
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced small
- 1 red onion diced small
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes diced small
- 2 avocados diced small
- juice of 1 lime
- coarse salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray or olive oil. Toss together sweet potato, red onion, and olive oil on top of sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and brown in spots.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool completely. Toss with tomato, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and toss to combine.